Friday 3 May 2013

Biped

Going into systems on the sidebar, we can find biped, from here we can import a Skeleton. Within the biped settings we are able to add tails extra spine parts, arms etc, whatever I liked.

 Example of Skeleton with a tail and extra ribs/spines and leg links

There are four types of biped, skeleton, male, female, and classic.

Resetting the skeleton back to normal so it's ready to be properly animated, we moved onto highlighting a part of a skeleton, we then in the sidebar went into motion settings and then under the biped section, we clicked figure mode allow use to edit parts of the skeleton such as it's toes so they look like shoes.

 Example of toes expanded to make shoes

Turning off figure mode, allows me to now use my skeleton to animate again. We then went into copy and paste in the side bar, and clicked pose, then create a collection, which I named walk cycle.
We then set up our skeleton in a walk pose. Going back to the side menu, we then clicked copy pose just under where the copy collection is. There we can name the copied pose, for this pose where my skeleton is starting his walk with his left leg so I named it L-foot-forward.

Example of pose and setting in sidebar.

Now we needed to make the next part of the walk which is the mid walk, where the knee is bending and getting ready to come up into a walk.

 Example of knee bending

Going back into the side bar and clicking again copy pose, which I then named passing_1, I could now by selecting from the drop list where I save my poses, selected my saved L-foot-forward and then click paste pose opposite. Paste pose opposite allows you get the same pose but reversed, allowing the left leg forward to flip to the right leg forward. I did the same process for my saved mid walk called passing_1, this again like the Left leg mirrored to right leg, allowing me to have a mirrored pose for the mid walk from left to right. I now have four poses made from just two poses, which means I can now create a walk!

 Example of leg reversed and complete timeline of animation.

Rendered out video of my walking animation.

Now knowing the process in which to take, I then decided to make my own animation using biped and poses. My animation would be a Russian dance.



Outcome: From today's lesson I've learned how to import a biped, manipulate the biped skeleton structure to my own usage, move and control my biped, and create a working animation from copying and pasting poses, all of which will prove very useful in time saving and creating my very own animation.





No comments:

Post a Comment